If there is one go to food on cheat weekends it is burgers. If you read any of the articles on this site, you will see that each of our outings has a food element. Whether it's a picnic in the park, or pizza we love our food. If you live on the Central Coast the choices for burgers are many, but with the cost of taking the family out you don't want to waste your money. Nothing hurts worse than dropping some money, and having an "It was ok" experience.
Luckily you don't have to waste your money, we have!
As a family we have visited many burger joints over the last year and can honestly say that one burger place wins our top award. When making our decision be based it on our simple criteria.
1. Was it good, fantastic, or did it plain suck?
2. Was it good enough to justify the cost?
3. Did we leave feeling satisfied or did we have buyers remorse.
4. What did the kids think? If their plates were empty, we knew they loved it.
5. Was the location clean?
6. How was the service?
Beach Burgers on Pier Avenue wins the top award hands down. Not only are their burgers fantastic, but they make some mean fish and chips. On top of having one of the best burgers on the entire coast, their prices are lower than you'd expect. Basically you won't need to get financing for your meal.
Located near the "Other entrance" to the dunes, Beach Burger not something that would stand out. It is a small location, but has a decent amount of seating inside.
The kids got their usual, bacon cheeseburgers. I was initially scared that the bun seemed to be "different" from what Montana and Eddie are used to.
No problem, because they tore them up.
Notice the bun, it's not your typical burger bun. Yum!
The small cups for the kids were one added bonus.
Like anything, I don't recommend taking just one persons word for it. Here is the link to the Yelp reviews for Beach burger.
Rounding out the number two spot is Wee Shack in Morro Bay.
This place just smells fantastic when you step out of your car. The burgers really are fantastic and the Yelp reviews don't lie. It was our top pic until we ate at Beach Burger, until we saw beach burgers prices.
Both create top notch burgers, one far cheaper. Cheap and fantastic always wins out in my book.
If it weren't for the cost, it would have been hard to decide between Beach Burger and Wee Shack. Their prices will not stop be from eating there again,
When food is that good, it's no problem justifying the price.
Here is the rest of the best.
The Village Grill in Arroyo Grande.
The whole place is just fun, from the location, to the seats looking out the window it screams vacation spot. On this trip I tried their chili burger and some garlic fries, not to shabby. Village Grill Yelp Reviews.
Here are others listed on Yelp.
Sylvester's Burgers in Oceano, great burger but a little pricey.
Orcutt Burgers in Grover Beach.
Garlands Hamburgers in Grover Beach.
Yelp Deals on the Central Coast
*Please note, I only write about places we have visited. If a location is not on wanitoo.com, it is either because we have not visited it, or we were not impressed.
I am not into bashing any business, if you read my posts you will realize that the ones I love, I rave about, others I just post about, and on many occasions I just don't write about. My receipt drawer if filled with bad experiences, that I won't get into here. My best advice is visiting yelp or a website like this before you spend your hard earned money. There is no guarantee your experience will be the same as mine, and if you have either a good or bad experience on any business we write about, please comment below. If you feel that we should visit a business you love, let us know, we love to travel.
* Disclosure Per FCC You need to know that certain links from this article are to affiliate products for sale. What that means is that if you click on the link and later purchase a product from the site I may get paid. So why would I tell you this? Well first it’s the law, second it’s the right thing to do and third we don't have anythingto hide. Since this site doesn't pay the bills by itself, I figure providing a link to a product, deal or service you might want could benefits both of us. When you read a post and I recommend them, it is because we actually like the product, or service and not because we are receiving compensation. Please do your due diligence prior to making any online purchases.