- Parent Category: Articles
- Category: Home Improvement
- Published: Sunday, 02 October 2016 20:59
Finished living room wall with new sofa from Costco.
One of the things we both decided would look great in the fixer upper we purchased was a reclaimed wood wall.
Since we had a bunch of wood from a newly completed fence project (article coming soon), we felt the wall could be done on the cheap.
We did some research on Pinterest, found the look we wanted and got to work. Here is the project by the numbers.
1. Cut the wood into approximate 3 foot sections using a RYOBI chop saw from Home Depot.
2. Cleaned the wood with a RYOBI Power washer from Home Depot.
3. Lightly Sanded the boards with a Porter Cable orbital sander from Home Depot
4. Sprayed each board with a solution of apple cider vinegar and steel wool
5. Added an new outlet and wiring for the television.
6. Marked stud locations on the wall
7. Started at top and began adding boards and cutting to size at ends. Boards were nailed using a Porter Cable nail gun from Home Depot.
8. Mounded Television using mount from Walmart.Add a comment